The migration from more classical IT systems to cloud based solutions is increasing steadily. One of the most popular branches of cloud based solutions is SaaS (Software as a Service). SaaS is becoming increasingly popular for companies and professional individuals as it allows the end-users to have a set of modern IT services at a much more affordable price. It also creates the ability for businesses to have an office from anywhere without being dependent exclusively on a physical space to access their data and operate certain aspects of the business. Plus, SaaS facilitates collaboration among individuals. At the same time, service providers offering their product in SaaS format can reach a much higher number of customers and provide remote support for the product as well.
SaaS for SMB
If you operate a small or midsize business, here are 10 points on why you should consider migrating your traditional IT service to SaaS.
- No Hardware Installations
- Fast Implementation and Deployment
- Quick Updates
- Backups and Data Recovery
- Quick Distribution
- Increases Collaboration
- Wide Range of System Compatibility
- Strengthens Client Relations
At Xponent21, we rely on different SaaS to ensure our team is always on top of everything and able to handle our clients’ needs with top-notch performance. As a remote company, we use the popular chat application Slack, which allows us to have quick discussions and feel close to each other even if we’re a few miles or many miles away from each other. For project and task management, we rely on Asana, which is really the heart of our operations and allows us to follow each step of the multiple processes we handle every day. Beside those two popular tools, which can be and are used for different types of business, we also rely on many other SaaS to help us with our design, marketing automation, time tracking, customer support, market analysis, information architecture, and other needs we have as an digital marketing agency.
Which SaaS Solutions are Right for Your Business?
The set of SaaS services you and your company will use really depends on your business models and needs. Here are a few popular SaaS services for businesses and professional individuals:
1. Asana: Asana is a web and mobile work management platform designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work.
2. Slack: Slack offers many IRC-style features, including persistent chat rooms organized by topic, private groups, and direct messaging.
3. Freshbooks: FreshBooks is accounting software operated by 2ndSite Inc., primarily for small- and medium-sized businesses. It is a web-based software as a service model that can be accessed through a desktop or mobile device.
4. Toggl: Toggl offers online time tracking and reporting services through their website along with mobile and desktop applications. Toggl Track tracks time blocks optionally labeled with a task, a project, and tags.
5. Microsoft 365: Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365, is a line of subscription services offered by Microsoft which adds to and includes the Microsoft Office product line.
6. SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey is an online survey tool that helps you create and run professional online surveys.
7. SharpSpring: SharpSpring is a revenue growth oriented platform which helps businesses improve conversions and generate leads to bring a better ROI to companies’ marketing investments.
8. Miro: Miro is a digital whiteboard that allows teams to brainstorm ideas, create notes and designs, move things around, and communicate through embedded video calls or online chats.
9. Bit.ai: Bit.ai helps companies with document management, creation, and insight all in one beautiful place. It allows companies and their individual teams to have their own unique set of digital tools, files, and web resources that they use.
10. Oracle SCM: Oracle SCM (Supply Chain Management Cloud) unifies end-to-end business processes considering the dynamic supply chain needs of the modern enterprises.
In 2022 and years to come, different types of businesses will continue to embrace the still expanding SaaS trend. All those benefits already mentioned combined with convenient pay-per-use model, flexibility, scalability, customization, integration possibilities, and easy updates make the SaaS cloud service model almost a must-have for any modern company.
If you would like to learn more about SaaS for SMB or the SaaS softwares we use at Xponent21, contact us and we will help bring your organization up to speed with the latest trends and possibilities for your business.